Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 356: 12/23/11- First Christmas Family Gathering of the Year and Visit to Gram

Day 356: 12/23/11
New Thing:
First Christmas Family Gathering of the Year and Visit to Gram                
Inspiration: Christmas          
Cost: $??   
Time: All Day           
Bottom Line: I do love the fam!


Reflection: Today, we all went up to North to visit Mom, Ali & Doug for Christmas. We actually have 4 family visits to make over the holidays, so we have to start them early this year. As always, the presents were amazing (seriously, thank you guys again) and we only stopped laughing when Delia threw a tantrum.

There was a pretty somber part of the day, however. Ali, Mom and I went to visit my Gram who has been in a nursing home for the last three years following an onset of severe dementia caused by brain damage during a stroke. She was able to receive communion and oscillated between being happy and very agitated. It was good to be with her, but is always very sad to see her in this sate, so unlike the strong woman I remember. I will continue to pray for peace for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment