Day 357: 12/24/11
New Thing: Christmas Eve at St. David's and New BBQ Tradition
Inspiration: Christmas Eve
Cost: $50ish
Time: Several Hours
Bottom Line: I bring you glad tidings.
Reflection: We started a new Christmas Eve tradition today. Since I never have time to cook on CE (what with it being one of the two biggest services of the year), I normally just get a pizza. This year however, I decided to mix it up and try out a BBQ feast from Jimmy's. It was amazing and I very wisely ordered enough for all our family guests. It could not have been easier--all I had to do was pick it up after making a pastoral care call and then enjoy a delicious pre-church meal.
Christmas Eve was pretty unbelievable at St. David's. I was blessed to celebrate at the 4:00 and 11:00 at the large church and the later had 900 people in attendance! I have never seen a crowd like that. The music was unbelievable and I'll never forget it. What a wonderful way to celebrate the birth of Our Lord and Savior!

No comments:
Post a Comment