Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 162: 6/11/13- St. Barnabas Thesis Writing

Day 162: 6/11/13- St. Barnabas Thesis Writing 
New Thing- Start Writing my Thesis   
Inspiration: DMin, St. Bart, Elaine     
Time: A few hours to start     
Bottom Line: May the Saints preserve us! 



Reflection: Today is the Feast of St. Barnabas the Apostle! One of the things that strikes me about Barnabas is that he often gets overshadowed by his partner in ministry, Paul. Everyone knows Paul—not everyone knows Barnabas. Well, Old B-boy is the perfect saint for me today as I start writing my thesis which is biased around a passage from Paul’s second letter to the Corinthians. Like Barnabas, I will be trying to spread Paul’s gospel message of Jesus’ reconciliation to the world and hoping that it touches the hearts of all who would hear. Elaine (who is also writing her thesis) will be locking ourselves away for a few days at the Dalysford Abby to be cloister away from the world and crack open our brains. I hope Barnabas is with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment