Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 175: 6/24/13- Eat Locust and Honey

Day 175: 6/24/13- Eat Locust and Honey
New Thing- Eat a grasshopper lollipop to celebrate John the Baptist       
Inspiration: The Feast of the Nativity of John the Baptist            
Time: About 5 gross mins.
Bottom Line: Honestly, the candy was worse. 

"I don't see what the big deal is. It's a perfectly acceptable form of protein. You try living in the desert and see if you do better!"- Said the voice of one crying out in the wilderness  
Reflection: About a year ago, I received a grasshopper in cased in a strawberry lollipop in a white elephant gift exchanged. I found it in time to try it out in celebration of the Feast of the Nativity of John the Baptist today. John the Baptist famously ate only locusts and wild honey--maybe in lollipop form, the scripture is unclear on the manner in which he dined. It was gross--but honestly it was the candy part that was way worse than the bug. It instantly gave me a headache.   

No comments:

Post a Comment