Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 167: 6/16/13- Say Good Bye to My Gram

Day 167: 6/16/13- Say Good Bye to My Gram        
New Thing- Say Good Bye to Gram          
Inspiration: Jean             
Time: -             
Bottom Line: I will miss you so much, Gram!



Reflection: Tonight, I found out that my dear Gram had died after seeing my mother one last time. She had been failing for years following a series of strokes. I take comfort in the fact that she is now at peace and that she is resting with God. She was like none other--she could make you laugh one minuet and then raise her trademark finger (seen above in her signature stance) the next and put the fear of God in you! From her I learned the delicate art of keeping your cool while plotting your revenge ;) She was a master at that. Seriously though, she was also one of the bravest and strongest women that I have ever known--facing hardship and trials with resolute determination. I love you, Gram. You will be missed. May light perpetual shine upon her and may she rest in peace.


I am the resurrection and the life, saith the Lord;
he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live;
and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.
 
I know that my Redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth;
and though this body be destroyed, yet shall I see God;
whom I shall see for myself and mine eyes shall behold,
and not as a stranger.
 
For none of us liveth to himself,
and no man dieth to himself.
For if we live, we live unto the Lord.
and if we die, we die unto the Lord.
Whether we live, therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
 
Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord;
even so saith the Spirit, for they rest from their labors.

2 comments:

  1. Hillary, so sorry for your deep lost, grandmothers are more important than anyone knows, especially after they are gone. Love and Peace, Margei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary....I am happy and honored to know you and have our acquaintance. I have been honored and blessed to know your Gram, and I have been remiss, at my loss, for not visiting her in years when I might have. My memories of her sassy wit, her clever intelligence, her wise-ass and loving maternal digs at her daughter, Debbie, and her welcoming acceptance of me and her apparent pleasure in OUR acquaintance are memories I'll not lose.
    Thank you for this lovely site. You are a fine grand daughter, as is your wonderful Ali. I send my condolences and affection to all of my friend Jean's family.
    I celebrate that I know her....and I will miss her, too.
    Love on you all

    ReplyDelete