New Thing- Become Little L.'s Godmother
Inspiration: Little L., Deb
Time: A few great hours
Bottom Line: God bless this sweet child!
Reflection: Today I had the distinct honor of become the godmother of the beautiful little L. L. is the brand new baby girl of Debbie and Julius. I have know Debbie for almost half my life and to be with her and her family today was so very special. I was so happy and joyous to make promises of love and faithfulness for L. and will do my best to be a worth godmother to her. She is in my prayer and heart and I ask God to lead her in paths of wisdom and love of Him all the days of her life. The service was celebrated at New Life in Christ Church in Malaga, NJ and you can watch Bishop Simmon's message there by following the link. He is L.'s grandfather and the leader of the church. He welcomed me to sit with him and the other elders and help to serve at communion and say a word to the congregation. It was such so welcoming and hospitable and I hope to be back with this family very soon. What a blessed day.

No comments:
Post a Comment