Day 203: 7/22/13- The Feast of St. Mary Magdalene on the Beach
New Thing- DIY Green-Tea Mist on the Beach
Inspiration: Longport, St. Mary Magdalene
Time: A few seconds to make and hours of enjoyment
Bottom Line: Refreshing
New Thing- DIY Green-Tea Mist on the Beach
Inspiration: Longport, St. Mary Magdalene
Time: A few seconds to make and hours of enjoyment
Bottom Line: Refreshing
![]() |
| Mary covered in her trademark red curly hair- the mark of a prostitute. Yes, I chose the weirdest picture I could find! |
Reflection: Today is the Feast of St. Mary Magdalene who is known as the Myrrh bearer because she is traditionally described
as one who annointed Our Lord's feet with ointment from an alabaster
box and then wiped His feet with her hair (John 11:1-45, c.f. Luke 7:36-50) and that she anointed them again (with ointment made of spikenard, kept in an alabaster box) in Bethany, just before the Last
Supper, an act about which Our Lord said, "...she is come beforehand to anoint
my body for burial. Amen, I say to you, wheresoever this gospel shall be
preached in the whole world, that also which she hath done, shall be told
for a memorial of her." (Matthew 26:6-13, Mark 14:1-9, John 12:1-8) Also because she, the "other
Mary," and Salome went to annoint Our Lord's Body on the morning of the
Resurrection, found the tomb empty, and met the risen Christ Who said to
her, "Do not touch me ("Noli me tangere"), for I am not yet ascended to my
Father. But go to My brethren, and say to them: I ascend to My Father and
to your Father, to My God and your God. " This mission given to her by Christ
thereby made her an "Apostle to the Apostles." (Matthew 28:1-10, Mark 16:1-11,
Luke 24:1-10, John 20:1-18).
Thus, one of the traditions associated with Mary's Feast is to make fragrant ointments which I tried to do, but the local natural food store didn't have what I needed. So, moving on to Plan B, I made something as equally good for the skin: green tea cooling spray.
Here are the details found here:
DIY Green Tea mist for beach + pool
- 1-2 green tea bags
- 1-2 cups cold, cold water
- steep green tea in cold water for 2 hours
- add ice
- put in spray bottle
- keep cool
- spray antioxidants straight onto your face, take that oxidants!
- cool you off
- refresh you
- repair sun damage
- make you look smart

No comments:
Post a Comment