Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 36: 2/5/13 - Start Reading "Little House in the Big Woods" with Little D.

Day 36: 2/5/13 - Start Reading Little House in the Big Woods with Little D.                    
New Thing- Start reading one of my all time favorite books to D.  
Inspiration: Snowy winter nights here at our little house      
Time: About an hour because we really got into it.                  
Bottom Line: Even better now that I can share it with my own daughter!

Ma and Little D.
Reflection: It should come a surprise to no one that I LOVED the Little House series growing up. Laura Ingalls Wilder was one of my most beloved heroines and her stories of life as a homesteader and pioneer were inspirational to me. I used to pretend to hunt bears like Pa and played school house/church with the other girls who lived near my house. I even had a sun bonnet that I got in Amish country for these games. So, I could not wait to share these stories with D. as soon as she was old enough to really get into them. I am happy to report that she was taken with them right away and we read three chapters in one sitting. I can't wait to keep going!

Side note: As a coincident, Dad just happened to send me this interesting article today about what caused Mary to go blind found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment