New Thing- Preach at three service, prepare for a Holy Lent
Inspiration: Ash Wednesday, Lent
Time: All day
Bottom Line: Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.
Reflection- Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. After preaching three services, (the audio of that sermon can be found here) I spent some time praying and deciding what I will be giving up and what I will be taking on for the next 40 days. It feels a little to personal to share all the details of this fast on the blog, but I will say that I am actually looking forward to striping away some of the layers that I have been letting to develop on that part of my soul that needs to feel the fresh touch of the Holy Spirit. I pray that you all have a Holy Lent!
Almighty and everlasting God, you hate nothing
you have made and forgive the sins of all who are penitent: Create and
make in us new and contrite hearts, that we, worthily lamenting our sins
and acknowledging our wretchedness, may obtain of you, the God of all
mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness; through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever
and ever. Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment