Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 43: 2/12/13- Shrove Tuesday Movie Night: Aliens

Day 43: 2/12/13- Shrove Tuesday Movie Night: Aliens  
New Thing- Watch Aliens for the first time. 
Inspiration: Ken        
Time: About 2 hours                           
Bottom Line: Tense


Reflection: Today is Shrove Tuesday and I spent the day enjoying the full pre-Lenten food-fest that it should be. After D. and I went to the St. David's waffle supper (complete with moon-bounce in the Narthex), Ken and I settled into watch Aliens since I had never seen it before. I enjoyed it way more than I expected to. For one thing, it really has more depth than modern action films which just seem to be explosions strung together with scantily women used as set dressing. In Aliens, the main character, Ripley, made choices that didn't leave me screaming, "OH COME ON! Why would anyone do that?!" Even though it was a sci-fi movie, she had enough depth to make me care about her character and cringe when she was in trouble. Well worth the watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment