New Thing- Ski day with new mittens and Mom's Birthday Celebration Dinner
Inspiration: Mom, Ali, Dad, Doug
Time: All Day
Bottom Line: Family Fun!
![]() |
| Doug, Me, Dad, Ali |
Reflection: Today, Ali, Doug and Dad and I headed over to Elk Mountain for a great day of skiing fun. We had such a great time and I was able to try out my new ski mittens that Dad gave me for Christmas. You may remember that I have a long history with my ski gear. (Here is the link to the last ski post when I had new-to-me skies from Ali and the crazy back story.) These mittens are replacing a pair of gloves that I have had for 21 years. They were the first ski gloves I ever owned and I had only had them for a few weeks when our puppy, Culley, chewed up the thumb. Then the next time I wore them, the hole he had made was made much worse by using a rope tow at Mt. Tone (or as it became known in our family: "Mt. Death" because of one terribly ill-fated trip we took there when my sister was learning how to ski. It was exactly two slopes--the bunny trail which was the bottom of the expert trail. It. did. not. go. well. Ali was crying within the first few minuets and then she and I struggled to get up the rope tow that left several children in a pile when one would fall down causing a domino effect. Mom--in the one-and-only time I ever saw her ski--was stuck on the ice hill and it took three different instructors to get her down. Meanwhile, my father and I continued to ski by them. Nice.) So, Dad's plan was to slap a piece of duct-tape over the hole and there it stayed until today. The new mittens were excellent. My hands never knew that they could be this warm. After that fun day, I headed over to see Mom for her birthday! We had a delicious dinner and even nicer tea that she had won. Then we talked the night away. Sorry I don't have any pictures, but Ali was the one with the camera. Thanks, Mom, for the lovely end to a great day. Happy Birthday!
![]() |
| Here we are last year--notice the lack of gloves? It was a warmer day, but my gloves weren't making much of a difference anyway. What with the hole and all. |


No comments:
Post a Comment