New Thing- Write my Own Epitaph
Inspiration: Plan Your own Epitaph Day
Time: About a half hour
Bottom Line: I am not going to be able to beat W.C. Fields who's gravestone reads: "On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia." That is pretty gangster.
Reflection: Tomorrow is "Plan your Own Epitaph Day. Sure. Why not?
How is this:
"I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth; and though this body be destroyed, yet shall I see God; whom I shall see for myself and mine eyes shall behold, and not as a stranger."
Here Lies HDR
Mother, Wife, Priest, Friend
In life, Christ was her greatest joy.
In death, Christ is her peaceful rest.
Side Note: I love looking at old tombstones and I always thought that the sweetest one I ever saw was "I have lost my greatest treasure" for a widower's wife.

After listening to Bert's sermon yesterday, I might say
ReplyDeleteLife was her greatest joy.
In death, Christ is her peaceful rest!
Since through Jesus, it's life that wins!
I think it's a great idea to non-morbidly prepare...:)