Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 103: 4/13/13- Beekeeping class at Harriton House

Day 103: 4/13/13- Beekeeping class at Harriton House                                      
New Thing- Beekeeping class at Harriton House   
Inspiration: Beekeeping, Mainline School Night                  
Time: Several Hours 
Bottom Line: It was a great day for beekeeping. Varroa mites never sounded so interesting. 


Learning about bees.
Reflection: This morning I attended a really interesting beekeeping class at the beautiful ground of the historic Harriton House. I learned alot of scientific and historical facts. For example, you can use powdered sugar to combat varroa mites (perhaps the largest plague on honey bees today) and that Charles Thomson (Harriton's best known occupant most famous for his role as the first and only Secretary to the Continental Congresses) designed the Great Seal of the United States. Now THAT'S a satisfying morning of education!

God help me, I am turning into my father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment