Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day Fifty-Seven- 2/26/11 Purchase a New Bike and Celebrate my Mother's Birthday!!

Day Fifty-Seven: 2/26/11
New Thing: Purchase a new bike and celebrate my mother's birthday!!!        
Inspiration: Commuting and Mom 
Cost: A lot more then $20   
Time: All day     
Bottom Line: This was a GREAT day! I have a wonderful new bike and an even more wonderful Mom.


Reflection: Last night, Ken and I had a long conversation about how we could help our household run a little smoother and with a little less stress. Among other things, we discussed our commuting patterns, and we decided that it was time to invest in a bike. As mentioned before, we are a one car family. Since Delia has started school, getting to work has not been a problem. I normally bum a ride from Ken as he brings Delia to school, or I bring Delia myself, or I just walk. The problem has been when it comes time to pick her up which takes over an hour in the middle of the day. I either have to drop everything to get her, or Ken has to come and pick me up at the end of the day--both options are stressful. So, we decided that adding a bike to the mix will help me get to and from work quickly and will make for one less back-and-forth trip for Ken. I also plan on using it to run errands (like getting groceries) and taking Delia on outings.
My New Bike!!!

I had a really fun time picking out my bike! I have never had a brand new bike before, but I have really been thinking about getting one for a while. I spent over an hour with the bike expert who taught me all about bikes and why they are so much more complicated then even 5 years ago. It is a mountain bike/cruiser hybrid, with a blue finish, 21 speeds, and a basket on the front!! I am thinking of getting a bell and/or streamers.

To finish up the day, we ventured up north to celebrate my mother's birthday. (On the way we also listened to the new Radio Head Album--another new thing.) We had a really fun time eating my Aunt Dee's delicious food (they live together) and laughing our heads off. It was super fun and I am very grateful to be celebrating my mother. Happy Birthday, Mom! We Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment