Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day Fifty-Six- 2/25/11 Watch "An Idiot Abroad"

Day Fifty-Six: 2/25/11
New Thing: Watching An Idiot Abroad        
Inspiration: Kevin, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, Karl Pilkinton 
Cost: $0    
Time: An Hour and a half     
Bottom Line: As funny as I had hoped.



Reflection: I am a big fan of Ricky Gervais and his comedy writing partner, Stephen Merchant. I especially enjoy all of their old Pod-casts which feature their friend and radio show producer, Karl Pilkington. So, I was thrilled when our friend Kevin who came in from Connecticut for a visit and brought us some episodes of their new show, An Idiot Abroad. Karl has a very narrow word view and hates being taken out of his comfort zone. So, Ricky decided to produce a travel show in which Karl has to travel to all the 7 Wonders of the World to experience new cultures just to make him squirm. As predicted, Karl hates it. Not only is he not impressed with what he sees, but he is simply stunned by the way other cultures live. Hilarity ensues.      

No comments:

Post a Comment