New Thing: Watch My Father Prepare Dinner
Inspiration: Dad
Cost: $0
Time: About an hour.
Bottom Line: A delicious way to turn my world upside-down.
![]() |
| My father the chef--I can't believe I am typing this sentence. |
Now, this may not seem like a very big "new thing" for this experiment, but to understand the true magnitude of this experience, one has to know the history of my father and the culinary arts. Growing up, I saw my father cook exactly three types of food: hot dogs (which he used to cut in such away that they would look like cow-boys when they had been cooked. He dubbed these "Frankie Franks."), pancakes made from Bisquick mixed in its own plastic container, and food cooked over an open flame on the hiking trail (these meals would normally be freeze-dried and required boiling water and mixing). That is it. My mother once told me that when they were dating, my father made her a home-cooked meal by opening a can of mushroom soup and pouring it over a chicken breast. Up until today, I was not sure that he would ever surpass that culinary tale of yore. But there he was, making stuffed shells. On top of all that, they were delicious. Good job, Dad!!

He has come a long way! I wonder if it's because he has to take the food longer now that he has a handle bar mustache!
ReplyDeleteoh, stuffed shells....I don't think they could ever be not delicious:):):)
ReplyDeletexoxox