Friday, February 11, 2011

Day Forty Two- Hitting Balls at the Batting Cages

Day Forty Two: 2/11/11
New Thing: Hitting Balls at the Batting Cages  
Inspiration: Date Night 
Cost: $11  
Time: About a half hour  
Bottom Line: Once I got the hang of this, it was really fun!




Reflection: Today actually began for me at 4:00am when I picked up the Presiding Bishop at her hotel to take her to the airport. However, this is actually not the first time I have done this since I was blessed to be her driver for a week when she visited the diocese over a year ago. So, it wouldn't count as a "New Thing" since I've done it before. It was very nice getting to be with her one-on-one again as she is very inspirational yet still down to earth.

Instead, Ken and I had a date night while Delia had a pajama-party at her school. They were having a "parent's night out" fundraiser and we were happy to take them up on their offer to let Delia stay up with her friends eating pop-corn and watching movies.

While she was having fun, we headed over to the local batting cages to hit a few balls since I have never tried this before. We tried one round with "fast balls" and quickly changed to "slow balls" when we failed to make much contact with the later. By the end of our time, I was getting into a good rhythm and was having a blast sending the balls falling.

This is a picture from her last visit when I was the PB's driver as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment