Friday, February 4, 2011

Day Thirty Five- 2/4/11 Creating a Winter Prayer Garden

Day Thirty Five: 2/4/11
New Thing: Creating a Winter Prayer Garden   
Inspiration: Ellyn, Delia, Candlemas
Cost: $5 (which I still owe Ellyn-sorry!)
Time: About 5 minuets 
Bottom Line: A peaceful way to bring a little bit of spring to our spirits.



Reflection: Today is another Friday prayer day and Delia and I decided to spend it at our Garden Gate Trinity Play group. Ellyn had another great meditation for us which involved building a little winter table-top garden. In our garden, we used a layer of sand, a layer of pebbles, and then a layer of moss which were all topped off with a little bees-wax candle hand-made by Ellen. 

Ellyn reminded us of the Candlemas tradition of putting a candle in the earth to signify the hope that spring will soon be with us. Since we have been having such extreme weather lately, it was truly refreshing to have that hope brought into our house and into our spirit. Delia, Katherine and I lit our little candle and then blessed our garden which now sits in the center of our table. I plan on refreshing this garden again and again to help welcome spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment