New Thing- Service of Welcoming and Seating for the Bishop Provisional, the Rt. Rev. Clifton Daniel III
Inspiration: DioPa, The Rt. Rev. Clifton Daniel III
Time: A few hours
Bottom Line: Exciting worship
![]() |
| The Philadelphia Cathedral |
Reflection: In the Philadelphia Cathedral today, we celebrated the seating of the Bishop Provisional, The Rt. Rev. Clifton Daniel III. I have found both of the sermons that I have heard him preach to be very inspirational and I think he will help DioPa to grow. I have to say, however, the highlight of the service for me was the awesome Offertory anthem. A combined choir (including members of St. David's!) preformed a movement from Jay Fluellen's recently commissioned sacred jazz suite Of Journeys and Refuge. The piece included Jay Fluellen accompanying his own work at the piano. It was a very impressive and beautiful blend of jazz and classical. I couldn't find a video of it, but here is a taste of some other movements from the suite along with an interview with Fluellen. Enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment