Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 133: 5/13/13- May Queen Week Finale- Our Lady of Fatima Prayers

Day 133: 5/13/13- May Queen Week Finale- Our Lady of Fatima Prayers   
New Thing- Our Lady of Fatima Prayer   
Inspiration: Our Lady of Fatima Day  
Time: A few minuets                  
Bottom Line: No eschatological visions for me. 

The Fatima Children
Reflection: Since there were one or two new things form last week that may not have exactly fit in with the Marian May Queen Theme, I decided to do one more (at least) this month. Today is "Our Lady of Fatima Day" and here is the wiki scoop:

Our Lady of Fátima is a title for the Virgin Mary due to her reputed apparitions to three shepherd children at Fátima, Portugal on the thirteenth day of six consecutive months in 1917, beginning on May 13. The three children were Lúcia Santos and her cousins Jacinta and Francisco Marto. The events at Fátima gained particular fame due to their elements of prophecy and eschatology particularly with regard to possible world war and the conversion of Soviet Russia. The reported apparitions at Fátima were officially declared "worthy of belief" by the Catholic Church. 

Visions of Mary and the traditions that are formed around them, are outside the Episcopalian view point that I have experienced. Yet, they are a part of the Roman Catholic faith that is rich in popular piety can hardly be said to unmoving or unimportant. Countless Christians have found comfort in the belief that Mary has come to guide people back to her Son and the vision in Fatima is just such a miraculous event. So, I decided to put my unknowing aside and use a meditation that is associated with this Marian event and added one of the Fatima prayers to my Daily Office.

I found this one here and since it is Monday, I used the prayer appropriate for the day:

The Seven Fatima Prayers
During the course of the apparitions at Fatima, the three child seers were taught five unique and powerful prayers, two by the Angel of Peace and three by the Mother of God. Later, appearing to Sister Lucy at Rianjo, Spain, Our Lord Jesus Christ dictated two further prayers. For millions of people, these prayers are today a living embodiment of the Message of hope and peace which Our Lady gave the world at Fatima. In the past few years, through the efforts of Our Lady's Apostolate, a pious practice has developed of reciting one (or more) of these prayers on a daily basis. The following schedule of prayers is a suggestion only; please feel free to recite them in any order which you find most comforting and appropriate.

Monday

My God, I believe, I adore, I hope and I love You! I ask pardon of You for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment