Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 150: 5/30/13- Romans Run Through

Day 150: 5/30/13- Romans Run Through           
New Thing- Speed study the last four chapters of Romans with the Women's Bible Study, Paul           
Inspiration: The Women's Bible Study, The Last Thursday in May          
Time: Exactly one hour. To the second.                               

Bottom Line: I think we read it as quickly as I imagine Paul dictating it. 



Reflection: For the past year, the Women's Bible Study has been making our way through Paul's Letter to the Romans. We've laughed and cried and been inspired. However, all good things must come to an end and today was the last week that we had scheduled to work on this Book before starting our summer's study of Proverbs. But we still had four chapters to go! So, I thought it would be fun to do a speed study of those chapters and divided up the different sections and assigned them time slots according to how much time I thought they would take to discuss (for example, if it was a new argument, it would get 10 mins, but a rehash would only get 5). Then we set the timer to keep us on track. It was actually pretty fun and we got through the whole thing in exactly one hour. I love this group! (Btw- if you are local, we have Bible Study every Thursday morning at 9:00 and we are starting Proverbs this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment