Day 139: 5/19/13- Pentecost Protest
New Thing- Protest Abercrombie & Fitch
Inspiration: Pentecost
Time: All morning
Bottom Line: Don't shop at A&F
Reflection: Today is Pentecost!!! The Feast that celebrates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and other followers of Jesus, (Acts of the Apostles 2:1–31.) For this reason, Pentecost is sometimes described by some Christians today as the "Birthday of the Church." At church today, I preached a sermon that talked about the work of the Holy Spirit as being counter to the culture that seeks to make a name only for itself and not for Jesus. (you can listen to it here in the audio section) I used the recent comments from Abercrombie & Fitche's CEO (about them not wanting women who are over a size 10 and therefor "fat" to wear there closes since they are ugly) as an example of anti-Holy Spirit behavior. So, I thought that I would do something that I never did before and protest a company by sending them a copy of the sermon. Causing trouble.

No comments:
Post a Comment