Day 144: 5/24/13- Hike with Dad! New Thing- Hike with Dad on a new part of the Horseshoe Trail and use gaiters Inspiration: Dad
Time: All day
Bottom Line: We hiked to quickly
Cold, wet and having a blast!
Reflection: As you may remember from the first year of 365 alive, Dad and I love to hike. We have been hiking ever since I was a little girl. Well, today we were heading out to do a different part of the Horse Shoe trail that we had never been on before, and as you can tell from the full pack that you see on my back in the picture above, we were planning on being out for a few days. However, we ended up hiking like 11 miles in 6 hours and hiked ourselves out of the whole trip we had planed. Since we couldn't find a place to set up camp, it was just as well, but I was bummed to be done so soon. I did try out hiking with gaiters for the first time which worked like gangbusters with the wet underbrush. Love you, Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment