Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 275: 10/3/11- Start a Doctoral Program at Drew University

Day 275: 10/3/11
New Thing:
Start a Doctoral Program at Drew University            
Inspiration: Drew, Holy Spirit               
Cost: Way more the $15
Time: All week intensive                                  
Bottom Line: And here we go!

Sign Reads: "Hillary's 1st Day of 20th Grade. Oct. 3, 2011 Drew University DMin"
Reflection: Today I began a new chapter in my life as I started a Doctor of Ministry Program with a concentration in Worship, Spirituality, and Preaching at Drew University. This journey began two years ago when I felt a call to write and teach in a way that would help congregations look at Reconciliation as part of their very mission as the Body of Christ. So, after a ruff discernment process, this program at Drew seemed to be a good marriage of practical theory with theology and I have been excitedly looking forward to starting! Thus, I will be going to Drew for intensive week classes for the next few years as I work to a dissertation. Already, I have had fun being in the classroom again, even though I was already behind on some work (much to my horror!). I would like to give a huge "thank you" to Ken and Delia who have already been so supportive in this first day. I love you guys!! I would welcome any and all prayers. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Why do you continue to amaze me when you have been amazing me your whole life? I am very very happy for you to be able to study something you care about. love love to you, Tracy

    ReplyDelete