Day 284: 10/12/11
New Thing: Christ the Redeemer Meditation
Inspiration: The 80th Anniversary of the Christ the Redeemer Statue New Thing: Christ the Redeemer Meditation
Cost: $0
Time: 8 Minuets
Bottom Line: Ouch.
Reflection: Today if the 80th Anniversary of the Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio de Janeiro. To honor this in my prayer time this week, I decided to do a type of body prayer. I decided to hold my hands and arms straight out for 8 minuets (one minuet for every year) as a meditation on the Redeemer, both his work on the cross and the loving embrace that he uses to welcome us. Before this, I had only ever gotten up to 5 minuets in this pose, but this was good motivation to go deeper. While you attempt this, you are trying to get you mind to rise above the pain in your arms and focus on God. This is easier said than done, however, and I almost didn't make it. The relief that comes with lowering your arms is its own prayer of gratitude.

No comments:
Post a Comment