New Thing: Make Gingerbread House/ Top 3 Weird Holiday Related Posts from 2011 Inspiration: 365 Alive, Christmas
Cost: $10ish
Time: About an hour
Bottom Line: On the 10th day of Christmas...we made a gingerbread house.
Reflection: One of the things about Christmas that I think can be lost in the secular realm is that Christmas is indeed a 12 day season. So, in our house we try to do Christmas stuff for as long as it lasts. Today, we continued our celebration by making a gingerbread house from a Trader Joe kit. We made the icing, stuck the pieces together, and had a ton of fun putting the candy decoration on. It turned out really nicely, but the next day I caught D. eating all of the candy off the house. She was WIRED for the rest of the night. No sugar for her again until she is 21 years old.
Now, back to the reflection of the year. One of the fun things about this year was discovering how many strange holidays there are in every month. Who knew that there was a whole month dedicated to pomegranates? Here were some of the most fun ones:
- Day 237: 8/26/11-New Thing: Celebrate American Artiest Appreciation Month by Making an Artist Trading Card - There was never a doubt for me who was my favorite American artiest--Ali W. Wilson my little sister. I love her vision, style and use of color. Her subject matter is always very spiritual and touching. I celebrated her talent by making an artist trading card in her honor. Thanks for making the world a little more beautiful, Ali!
- Day 210: 7/30/11-New Thing: Celebrate National Share a Sunset with Your Lover Month-On this holiday, Ken and I climbed up on our roof and shared the sunset together. Super romantic.
- Day 208: 7/28/11-New Thing: Voices from the Past and New Ice Cream- July was National Ice cream Month and I took it very seriously trying tons of new flavors including this day's new one: chocolate banana. This post also had a story about finding a tape that my sister and childhood best friends had made together many years ago. More important than those childhood memories, however, was the song "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys which was featured prominently on the tape.
No comments:
Post a Comment