New Thing: Voices from the Past and New Ice Cream
Inspiration: Childhood
Cost: $3
Time: About 30 minuets
Bottom Line: So Sweet!
![]() |
| That's where you want to go to get away from it all. |
- I start by interviewing my little sister (age 4?) about her day at school. I was firm in my instance that she tell us the date, but she kept saying "Wednesday." However, she had art that day and enjoyed it. She sounded exactly like Delia. Exactly.
- Then we have like 7 minuets of Ali, Cassie, Kelly (our childhood friends) and myself playing and singing about some kind of parade/puppet show while knocking down blocks. It concludes with their mom Donna telling me to "get off the table" that I was standing on. To which I reply, "No, it's o.k." Little brat Hillary capture on tape.
- Next we have the Beach Boys singing their 80's hit "Kokomo" which I must have enjoyed enough to tape off of the radio.Really though, who didn't?
- That musical interlude is interrupted by Ali telling us about the large tree that had fallen in our yard narrowly missing the house. She relates that she, "did not wake up to hear it, but it was really, really big." I remember that night well, and her telling of the story rings true.
- Back to "Kokomo."
- The final tape has me, now age nine, reading what felt like the complete works of Shel Silverstein. Delia requested that "Kokomo" be played instead.

No comments:
Post a Comment