Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 237: 8/26/11-Celebrate American Artiest Appreciation Month

Day 237: 8/26/11
New Thing:
Celebrate American Artiest Appreciation Month by Making an Artist Trading Card   
Inspiration: Ali, American Artiest Appreciation Month  
Cost: $0
Time: About a half hour                                   
Bottom Line: Celebrating my Favorite Artiest: Ali!!

This is one of my favorite pieces of Ali's.

Reflection: August is also American Artiest Appreciation Month. So, I decided to make an Artist Trading Card which was something that my little sister, and coincidentally, my favorite American Artiest, told me about. Theses are handmade cards celebrating the work of an artiest and their work.

As I mentioned above, Ali is my favorite artiest and so I dedicated my art card to her. I used the beautiful piece above as the front (with a little art work of my own added) and made up a piece of word art (below) on the back using this cool website. I love you Ali, and you work!

Here is the text:

  • Ali Woods Wilson was born in Tunkhannock, PA. 
  • She found her passions for art in high school when she took her first official art class. 
  • Ali is now the middle school art teacher at TAMS where she inspires students to think creatively about how art can change not only their lives, but also the world.
  • Her works uses all kinds of artistic mediums including print making, painting and collage. 
  • Ali finds inspiration for her work from her personal vision, her faith and nature. 
  • She lives in Lake Winola with her husband Doug and their two dogs, Winnie and April. 
  • Ali Woods Wilson is the favorite artist of her big sister, Hillary, who is very, very proud of her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment