Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 246: 9/4/11- Try to make Quinoa Pumpkin Cinnamon Pancakes

Day 246: 9/4/11
New Thing:
Try to make Quinoa Pumpkin Cinnamon Pancakes     
Inspiration: Lesley      
Cost: $5ish for the baking costs ($20ish for the dinner afterward)
Time: An hour and a half                            
Bottom Line: I wont lie-I got pretty mad at these things.


Reflection: So, my friend Lesley gave me what I was hoping would be a great recipe--quinoa cinnamon pancakes.  You can find the recipe here. I was really excited about this one since I have really gotten into quinoa during the fast. I used can pumpkin instead of a banana which was allowed by the recipe.

However, this was an epic culinary failure for me. On the plus-side Delia and I had a fun time mixing all ingredients together and she was a very good helper. But these things just wouldn't cook up properly. I wont lie, I got pretty mad at these things. So, after an hour and a half trying to make these work, I just gave up and we went out to eat. All's well that ends well!



No comments:

Post a Comment