Day 257: 9/15/11
New Thing: Make Carrot/Apple Juice
Inspiration: New Juicer New Thing: Make Carrot/Apple Juice
Cost: $45 (I got this at a HUGE discount!)
Time: About 2 minuets
Bottom Line: Being healthy never tasted so good!
Reflection: A few weeks ago, I started researching juicing fruits and vegetables as a way to add more of these healthy foods into our diets. After I had sold myself on the idea, I found an amazing deal on a juicer (these can normally run any where from $150-$400) and decided to try it out tonight.
So, tonight, Delia and I headed out to the garden to pick some of our own fresh carrots which are really coming in nicely now. We juiced about 4 of those (they were small) with an apple which created a deliciously frothy concoction.The best part was that Delia liked it so much, she wanted to write a story about it. It is so cute and it really was amazing to us to see how much she is thinking about the move.It was like a toddler TAT. Here it is as dictated to Ken:
Making Juice
By Delia Raining
I am having fun making juice. I love Mommy and know she is my best. (Here she drew a little scribble mark.) I am having fun making juice with Mommy. Mimi (her stuffed sheep) is my favorite, and I know we are going to be in a new house, and a new church, and a new school with lots of friends and I am never going to bring my duckie and Mimi to school. We picked some carrots, then we mixed them, then we drank.

No comments:
Post a Comment