Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 266: 9/24/11- Morning Star 10k & Celtic Classic

Day 266: 9/24/11
New Thing:
Morning Star 10k & Celtic Classic            
Inspiration: The Celtic Classic & The Rotary             
Cost: $50ish 
Time: Several Hours                                 
Bottom Line: Classic Celtic Fun


Reflection: We had a great day today celebrating the annual Celtic Classic--a Bethlehem tradition. I have loved going to this event since I was an undergrad and today was another great year at the fest. Here are a few of the things we did today:

  • I started the day by running the Morning Star 10k for the Rotary Club to raise money for the Special Olympics. I did not have a great time since I am still getting over this cold. But at least I got the train that passed by us to blow its horn--a Dowling family favorite as seen here
  • Then we headed to the "Showing of the Tartan" Parade to see all the bagpipes. Delia loved the Irish step dancers. 
  • Then we hit the fest for some great music, delicious food (I had lamb stew and Irish soda bread!), and some light shopping.

1 comment: