Day 258: 9/16/11
New Thing: Organic Care from Head to Toe
Inspiration: Lux Salon, Yoga New Thing: Organic Care from Head to Toe
Cost: $45 (before tip--I know this is a little high, but there is a much higher priced non-organic one in town that I used as a comparison)
Time: About an hour
Bottom Line: Feeling great from head to toe.
Reflection: As I was stretching out today from a 10 mile morning run (yeah for cool fall weather!) I discovered something that may not be a big deal to anyone else, but is huge for me: For the first time in my life, I was able to touch my toes without bending my knees! I actually have an extra vertebra in my spinal cord which makes bending forward really difficult. I used to loathe the Presidential Physical Fitness Test in school because my teachers always thought I was being obstinate when it came to stretch portion and I could only go half as far as my peers. However, thanks to the yoga, I actually made it all the way to my toes today! Nice!
I also tried out a new salon today as part of my eco-stewardship challenge. I visited Lux: The Eco-Friendly Salon in downtown Bethlehem for a hair cut. Here is their mission statement:
Lux was created by fusing a passion for the beauty industry with a commitment to the environment. We can be beautiful and indulge in our shampoos, colors and polishes without endangering the planet with harmful chemical waste. Using CFL bulbs, organic cotton towels, recycled paper products and eco-friendly cleaning supplies are just a few of the other ways we’re staying on the path to be “green”. Lux is furnished with some recycled pieces as well as some that are made from sustainable materials. We’ll do everything we can to keep recycling, and keep you looking great. Lux is also an official sponsor of Matter of Trust. All hair clippings are donated to help clean up oil spills around the world.
I was very pleased with the service and cut and the products smelled wonderful. They also feel much lighter on my hair. All this for a price that is actually less then my old place?! Awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment