Day 250: 9/8/11
New Thing: Try Out The Meditative Mazes and Labyrinths Kit
Inspiration: Ellyn, Prayer Day New Thing: Try Out The Meditative Mazes and Labyrinths Kit
Cost: $0 (Thanks, Ellyn!)
Time: About a half hour
Bottom Line: Very centering
Reflection: A few months ago, Ellyn gave me this great kit called Meditative Mazes & Labyrinths and today I used them as my new prayer style of the week. As you know from previous posts, I love to pray using mandalas and labyrinths, so this was especially fun for me. What was neat about this kit were the many different kinds of mazes it has including styles that I had never seen before as well as meditations to correspond with them. I chose to work with on in the shape of a tree and focused on the strong roots of Christ. Thanks, Ellyn!
"The mandala is an archetypal image whose occurrence is attested throughout the ages. It signifies the wholeness of the Self. This circular image represents the wholeness of the psychic ground or, to put it in mythic terms, the divinity incarnate in man.”
Carl Jung: Memories, Dreams and Reflections

Love love love! -Monica
ReplyDelete