Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 313: 11/10/11- Teaching Little D. to Meditate

Day 313: 11/10/11
New Thing:
Teaching Little D. to Meditate                        
Inspiration: The Rhythm of Family    
Cost: $0
Time: About 10 minuets  
Bottom Line: Mostly Peaceful


Reflection: Ever since Delia was born, Ken and I have really tried to make prayer a part of our family's daily rhythm. And on the whole, I think we to a pretty good job. However, the praying that we do together is always out loud and extroverted. Lately, I have been wondering if we are giving her enough space in our prayer time to be silent and listen to God in stillness. So, today she and I took the suggestion for family meditation I found in the book The Rhythm of Family. We headed up to the prayer room and sat still for a minuet. Then we tried some breathing techniques on our backs and offered a prayer. She was definitely quieter for longer then I expected and seemed really happy to be trying it out. This seems like a great way to end the day. How do you all help your kids pray? I would love some suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment