Day 330: 11/27/11
New Thing: Make a Giant Advent Wreath (and a Small One)
Inspiration: Advent Week OneNew Thing: Make a Giant Advent Wreath (and a Small One)
Cost: Alot
Time: Several weeks in the making.
Bottom Line: People look East, the time is near....
Reflection: Today is the first Sunday of Advent. Here is the Wiki description of this wonderful season:
Advent (from the Latin word adventus meaning "coming") is a season observed in many Western Christian churches, a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas.Latin adventus is the translation of the Greek word parousia, commonly used in reference to the Second Coming of Christ. For Christians, the season of Advent serves as a reminder both of the original waiting that was done by the Hebrews for the birth of their Messiah as well as the waiting of Christians for Christ's return.
At home, we also made our own traditional wreath for our table and we were blessed to light it for the first time with the wonderful Ellyn, Andrew and their crew! It was so good to see them and I felt refreshed for the whole night. We love you guys!
Also, I have decided to go on another sugar fast for Advent. I really felt that it helped me to center more when I tried it this summer. And since, in Advent, we are called to try and find stillness, I thought it would be the prefect time to try this again. I am also starting a few new devotional practices that I will be writing more about.

No comments:
Post a Comment