Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 327: 11/24/11-Organic Thanksgiving At Our New House!!

Day 327: 11/24/11
New Thing:
Organic Thanksgiving At Our New House!!               
Inspiration: Thanksgiving, Eco-Stewardship    
Cost: $?
Time: All Day
Bottom Line: There is so much to give thanks for!

Ken with his contribution (bread), Ali with her "stiffin' muffins," D. with her 'tude, and me with the bird. (Note Anne's Book ;)
Reflection: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today we had our first T-Day celebration in our new place. I started the day with a beautiful run, followed by a lovely service at the Old Church with little D. It was really nice to be able to actually sit and worship with her. Then we started the cooking (and I own Connie a huge thanks you for the awesome turkey) and were joined by Ali and Doug. Our whole meal this year was organic as a way to be good stewards of the wonderful bounty that God has given us. It was so very delicious and we are now so full. As I write this, Ali, Doug and Winni (one of their dogs) are asleep on the couch, April (dog #2) is asleep on the floor, D, is asleep upstairs and Ken and I are watching Spinal Tap. All is well with the world. Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment