New Thing- Hear Tony Campolo Preach
Inspiration: St. David's
Time: Half an hour (which is a long time for St. David's)
Bottom Line: "It's Friday but Sunday is coming"
Reflection:
Today,
Tony Campolo came to preach at St. David's. Here is Tony's bio information:
Tony
Campolo is professor emeritus of sociology at Eastern University, a former
faculty member at the University of Pennsylvania, and the founder and president
of the Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education. He has written
more than 35 books. He is one of the founders of the Red Letter Christian
movement and blogs regularly at his website, RedLetterChristians.org, and can
also be found on both Facebook and Twitter. Dr. Campolo and his wife Peggy live
near Philadelphia and have two children and four grandchildren.
You can
find his sermon at the St. David's website here:
http://stdavidschurch.org/worship-and-music/worship/sermons
Not
having read any of his books before, I wasn't sure what to expect. I'll say
this, he did receive a standing ovation which is certainly not something I had
seen before!

No comments:
Post a Comment