Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 220: 8/8/13- Meditation Cushion

Day 220: 8/8/13- Meditation Cushion   
New Thing- Meditation Cushion                    
Inspiration: Prayer, Yoga                                
Time: Half Hour

Bottom Line: Comfy Prayers 

Like this but in green

Reflection:  One of my favorite prayer postures to do during a yoga session is at the end when we enter into seated mediation. However, I normally do not stay in that posture for very long because it is not all together comfortable for extended periods and I love the posture that comes after it (shvasana- corpse pose) so much that I normally rush to get to that. But today I tried a new seated meditation with a cushion made from sustainable green materials and hand made by Himalayan monks and sold by a fair trade company. So, good mojo right off the bat there. It helped to make the seated  posture much more comfortable so it could be held longer and allowed me to sink deeper in prayer. very cool prayer session!!

No comments:

Post a Comment