Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 236: 8/24/13- Watch Anna Karenina

Day 236: 8/24/13-  Watch Anna Karenina  
New Thing: Watch Anna Karenina  Inspiration: Ken
Time: Several hours
Bottom Line: “I think... if it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts.” ― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina 


Reflection: Today, we watched Anna Karenina which I have been waiting to see since I just read the book last year. It was visually stunning with the whole thing taking place on an imaginary stage. But, it lacked he depth that the novel has, especially in contrasting Kitty's rise to Holy living and beautify from youthful silliness as opposed to Anna's fall from grace and rationality. Not to mention almost ignoring Levin and his turn to faith which is the most satisfying part of the book in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment