Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 243: 8/31/13- Living the Proverbs Week: Day Five and Yoga Workshop

Day 243: 8/31/13-  Living the Proverbs Week: Day Five and Yoga Workshop      
New Thing: No Lying
Inspiration: Women's Bible Study        
Time: All Day       
Bottom Line: Proverbs 10:18 “Lying lips conceal hatred and whoever utters slander is a fool.”


Reflection: Today's Proverb challenge was to go the whole day without lying. Not the easiest task when you consider that people lie about 10 times a day on average. Here are the suggestions:

Day Five: Go a Whole Day without Lying
Proverbs 10:18 “Lying lips conceal hatred and whoever utters slander is a fool.”
Proverbs 12:19 · Proverbs 12:22 · Proverbs 14:25 · Proverbs 19:5
Suggested ways to live this out—

Action: Don’t Lie!
Prayer: If you do find yourself telling even a white lie, confess it (at least to God)
Meditation: Make a list of all the times you were tempted to lie and see if there is a pattern. For example, might you be trying to cover up behavior or are you just trying not to hurt feelings?

Again, a great lesson. I think that many times I am tempted to do those "white lies" to spare people's feelings, but not doing that today meant that I had to be more direct. I found that being more direct and honest was fine. People are stronger then I was giving the credit for which is actually insulting to them twice--first because I made wrong assumptions about them and then lied to them because of it. 

Today was also the first day of a Mysore Yoga Workshop with World Renowned Teacher David Keil. Amy, my teacher and friend, carpooled up and then sweated out butts off in the really great class. It is also really hard to lie to yourself on your yoga mat when you have someone watching your practice. Can't wait for the Monday-Wednesday classes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment