New Thing: Listening to God
Inspiration: Women's Bible Study
Time: All Day
Bottom Line: Proverbs 17:28 “Even fools who keep silent are considered wise; when they close their lips, they are deemed intelligent."
Reflection: The second day in our Proverbs living was devoted to listening to God. Again, here are the suggestions:
Day Two: Listening To God
Proverbs 17:28 “Even fools who keep silent are considered wise; when they close their lips, they are deemed intelligent."
Proverbs 3:17 “Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.”
Suggested ways to live this out —
Prayer: Come to the
centering prayer group meeting today at 8:15am in the quiet room and
learn how to still your mind and let God enter in.
Action: Learn more about listening to God at www.contemplativeoutreach.org
Mediation: Read and contemplate this poem from Contemplative Outreach
A poem Author: Karen Pilman You are
rearranging the furniture in my soul. Of course, I gave you the key to
let Yourself in whenever You wanted, but I can’t get over coming home
and seeing everything shifted. Some of my favorite things are gone, some
of the things I used to cling to for security. I still go looking and
grow angry to find them gone. I miss the complacency, the mediocrity,
the stagnation, but I relish the abandon more. Your Presence leaves a
warmth in the room. It fills me more fully than all the clutter which
used to linger within. With a lot of the garbage gone, I can seek you
out. I can rest in the present, in the Presence, in calm, in
tranquility, undisturbed, except by what you choose for me. I wait for
You to come. I never thought waiting for the Moving Man could be so
right.
I chose the poem which kept me in prayer and wonder for a long time. So very good.

No comments:
Post a Comment