Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 226: 8/14/13- Out of the Silence...Prayer's Daily Round

Day 226: 8/14/13- Out of the Silence...Prayer's Daily Round
New Thing- Use a New Prayer Book 
Inspiration: New Prayer Book
Time: About 30 mins.
Bottom Line: I am afraid I had to get off this train with the line "We breath there words out of the Silence within us, into the Silence beyond us...in the Spirit that stirs amongst us the kaleidoscope of Jesus." In the words of Liz Lemon, "Nope, that's hippie nonsense. Shut it down!"





Reflection: Recently, I borrowed a new prayer book called Out of the Silence...Prayer's Daily Round by Jim Cotter and Paul Payton. While there was some pretty prayers, the line that I quoted above was written on the bottom of every page. It was an example of some very flowery liturgical theology that I just find distracting. It seems to be to clever by half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment