New Thing: Be a True Friend
Inspiration: Women's Bible Study
Time: All Day
Bottom Line: Proverbs 18:24 “Some friends play at friendship but a true friend sticks closer than one’s nearest kin.”
Day Three: Be a True Friend Today
Proverbs 18:24 “Some friends play at friendship but a true friend sticks closer than one’s nearest kin.”
Suggested ways to live this out —
Action: Call, write, text, or do something with a friend that you want to grow closer with.
Prayer: Make a prayer
list of all the friends in your life (even those from distant years
pasts) that God has brought into your life and pray for them for the
rest of the week.
Action: Invite a friend to church or Bible Study! What better way to be a friend?
Personally, I chose the list option, but instead of writing it down, I just let the faces of people bubble up in my prayer time. It was so humbling to see who came up there and the love that I have shared with many was a joy to contemplate.
I also started a juice fast today. As I mentioned earlier in the month, fasting is a very important part of the Christian tradition that does not get much attention these days. However, the Bible assumes that we will be fasting and Jesus even says "WHEN you fast and prayer" not IF. so I have been trying to add fasting more and more into my prayer life and I find that it really does heighten my awareness of God and the dependency that we have on him. I'll write more about this fast as it goes forward--but I will say that no sooner had I started it then a friend asked be to break it to go to lunch with him and another after a long separation. It seemed like the right way to be a true friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment