New Thing- Machias Blueberry Fest & Roque Bluffs Community Chapel
Inspiration: Shaun, The wonderful congregation of Roque Bluffs Community Chapel, Blueberry Fest
Time: All Day
Bottom Line: "You will NEVER get the better of a geezer."- Tim Sample
Reflection: What a great day in Maine! The weather and the house we are staying in are gorgeous! We started out by going to the Wild Blueberry Festival where I had my first ever Wild Blueberry smoothie. (delicious) We then saw the comedian Tim Sample, whose Maine inspired stand-up humor was a huge part of every one of our Maine trips growing up courtesy of the tape that my father played ad nauseum on the long car rides. ("I can't see the quahog in front of my face" was a line that wish I had remembered to "thank" Mr. Sample for since it was one of my father's favorites--and by favorate I mean something that he repeated until a person contemplated throwing themselves out of the moving car ;) From there, we attended the evening service at the beautiful Roque Bluffs Community Chapel where we finally got to meet Shaun's parents, the charming Mr. & Mrs. Lockett. I was honored to preach and sing for them and was so impressed and touched by their hospitality! What an amazing congregation! Thank you all!
Us at the fest!

No comments:
Post a Comment