New Thing- Give to City Harvest, Attend the Philadelphia Flower Show, Visit with Jennifer!
Inspiration: Lent, Philadelphia Flower Show, Jennifer
Time: Several Hours
Bottom Line: "The point is, you can't be to greedy" - Donald Trump
![]() |
| I picked the prettiest flower I could find. |
Greed is the inordinate desire to possess wealth, goods, or
objects of abstract value with the intention to keep it for one's self,
far beyond the dictates of basic survival and comfort. It is applied to a
markedly high desire for and pursuit of wealth, status, and power.
To start the day off on a non-greedy foot, I made a donation to City Harvest which is a great outreach program sponsored by the Philadelphia Horticultural Society (the same group that is responsible for the Philly Flower Show. Here is a little description:
The PHS City Harvest program taps the skills and energy of urban
gardeners to make fresh, nutritious produce more widely available in
under-resourced neighborhoods. Through City Harvest, PHS and its partners have empowered urban
gardeners to share the fruits of their labor with families in need. The
program is creating an infrastructure of agricultural supply and
education centers, as well as expanding fresh food production,
distribution, and consumption in Philadelphia’s neighborhoods, thereby
creating a healthier future for thousands of city residents. City
Harvest also has offered more than 600 inmates opportunities to gain job
skills, give back to their communities, and look forward promising
futures.
Then Jen and Little D. and I made our way to the Philly Flower Shower for our first time ever!! It was amazing. It is the oldest flower show in the country and is huge. If you have never been, I suggest you go. Our favorite part was the professional florist competition. It was great to spend so much time with Jen and Little D. Thanks, to the never greedy Jennifer!!






No comments:
Post a Comment