Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 191: 7/11/11 - Make Moravian Paper Stars

Day 191: 7/11/11
New Thing:
Make Moravian Paper Stars
Inspiration: Gaby, Christmas in July, Trinity 
Cost: $0
Time: About 30 mins                
Bottom Line: It is official- I am not very good at making paper stars.

Mine does not look like this.
Reflection: This Sunday at Trinity, we are celebrating Christmas in July by focusing on the Joy of the Incarnation. Gaby, our wonderful parish administrator and hand crafts extraordinaire, has lead an effort to make beautiful little Moravian paper stars to give out as part of the festivities. They have already made over a hundred of these babies, and each one is beautiful. All, save for one--mine. Gaby very kindly tried to teach me how to make one of these. However, I am not a skilled pupil. (In fact, I was reminded of the time when Gaby tried to re-teach me how to make a palm cross for Palm Sunday since I seem to forget ever year. My first attempt was so inept that she was forced to ask, "Hillary, have you ever seen a cross??!!" I had to assure her that I had ;) The first part of my star look very pretty since that was the part she helped me with. But then I had to leave and told her that I was sure I would be able to replicate the finishing touches on the back of the star. I was so wrong. I have been trying to get this thing to work ever since and I am certain that when she sees the mess I have made of it she will be left wondering if I have ever seen a star. Well, let's hope my sermon on Sunday will make up for it! Thanks, Gaby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment