New Thing: Learn a Coin Trick for Houdini's Birthday
Inspiration: Houdini, Fr. Howe
Cost: $0
Time: A few minutes
Bottom Line: Fantastic feats of prestidigitation.
Reflection: Today is the 137th anniversary of the birth of Harry Houdini, and to celebrate, I learned how to do a classic act of slight-of-hand called "The French Drop." This is the one that your grandfather always did to pull a coin from behind your ear. Oh, Grandpa--he gets us every time! Where-ever did that come from?! I can now join the Magician's Alliance--so do not expect me to reveal my secret. That one is between me and Grandpa. However, I will have you know that this is not my first magic trick (excuses me; I mean "illusion"). I was taught a card "illusion" called "The Escaping Jacks" by my childhood priest, Fr. Ray Howe who's father was a magician. He taught that trick to my sister and me when we were really young and I still know how to pull this one off. How cool is that? Thanks, Fr. Howe!
Lenten Meditation-
Prayed for: BY
Prayer Walk/Yoga-I forgot the walk today! I'll do extra yoga tomorrow.
Journal Topic with Ken- An exercise called, "A Touching Story"
Music- Piano with Delia
Fast- Moderation continues- although I really wanted some ice cream.
Daily Office- NP have turned into a very good time for discernment journaling.
And here is a little something from my all time favorite magician- G.O.B.

Now I have that song stuck in my head! Darn you, Gob.
ReplyDelete