New Thing: Grow My Own Penguin and Eat Japanese Eggplant Stir-fry/Celebrating Anne and Maria
Inspiration: Anne and Maria
Cost: Definitely under $20
Time: About 10 days for the Penguin and about an an hour and a half for lunch.
Bottom Line: "How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?"- Maria's Fortune
![]() |
| This grows 600x its original size. Delia was suitably impressed. |
![]() |
| Japanese Eggplant Stir-fry |
Also today, by happy coincidence, I also had occasion to be with Maria, another good clergy friend. I took her out for a "thank-you" lunch to show my appreciation to her for all the help and support that she extended to me during the Moravian service. Without her, I would not have made it, and I am so enjoying our deepening friendship. She never fails to see the humor in things, and has amazing experiences and stories (for example, she grew up in Japan!). We had lunch at Asia Restaurant in Allentown. I had never been there before, and was thrilled with the results. Asia has been voted on the 100 top Chinese Restaurant in America for four years in a row and the food was awseome. We split curried beef and Japanese Eggplant Stir-fry which I had never had before. I had a lovely time and left pleasantly full. Thanks, Maria!!


Much love to the three of you, who inspire me as well. I am so blessed to come from such an amazing diocese with so many wonderful female priests. (Not to take anything away from our wonderful male clergy)
ReplyDeleteKim