Day Sixty-Nine: 3/10/11
New Thing: Send a Secret to "Post Secret" & Breaking Out the Ol' Guitar
Inspiration: Lent, Post Secret
Cost: $0.28
Time: A few minuets for the secret and over an 1/2 hour for the music.
Bottom Line: Confession is good for the soul. So are the Beatles.
Reflection: I confess! I sent a Secret today to Post Secret for the first time. This is a social art experiment which invites people to anonymously send in a secret that may be posted to the blog or even put in one of the published collections. For some people, these are true confessions (and be warned, the website can be very "adult") and they bare a bit of their souls on these little post cards. I have often wonder about this experiment and am curious if they feel any sort of absolution in this action. but I am sure that it must be cleansing in some form. We'll see if mine gets posted.
Lenten Journey-
Yesterday- ran 5 miles (that took care of the walk), Sang several hymns (for music), Prayed for SB.
Today- Prayed for KYM. Had a lovely walk in the rain in Nazareth today while I was waiting for a meeting to begin. I listened to the music playing on the bells of the local Moravian Church and was quiet peaceful standing in the square in the rain. Had a lovely discussion with Ken about what we appreciate about each other and I spent well over 30 minuets tooling around on my guitar. Sadly, it has been a LONG time since I did this, but it was alot of fun. It reminded me of my wonderful piano teacher, Miss Valientiner. She was a wonderful woman who taught me to love music and when she passed away a few years ago, my mother arrange for me to keep her guitar. I still have her obituary in the guitar case. When ever I use it, I am grateful to both women.

No comments:
Post a Comment