Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day Sixty-Four- 3/5/11 Taking Delia to The Cup Dairy Bar

Day Sixty-Four: 3/5/11
New Thing: Taking Delia to The Cup Dairy Bar 
Inspiration: A love of ice cream 
Cost: About $7 for all three of us   
Time: About half an hour.      
Bottom Line: I scream for ice cream.



Reflection: Apparently, it is restaurant week here at 365 Alive since three days have been devoted to new restaurants. It is good that I am getting all this feasting out of the way before Lent begins next week. Today, we introduced Delia to a Bethlehem institution: The Cup. They have been serving hand-made ice cream for over 50 years! She had chocolate, I had "Mint Madness", and Ken had cherry cheesecake. We were all very pleased.

I have actually only been here once which is hard to believe. It was in college when I won a gift certificate for "Best Phone Voice" during my Phone-a-thon fund raising days. "What does it take to have an award winning phone voice?" you might ask. I'll let you in on my secret; smile when your on the phone--people can hear it and are more willing to not hang up on you. And then all that sweet ice cream will be yours to for the taking. You are most welcome.

2 comments:

  1. How is it that you've only been there once before? I used to take my friends there all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man...I am now recalling my phone-a-thon days at muhlenberg...I got soo many hang-ups! I could have used your advice back then:)

    ReplyDelete